The Ford Model T C-Cab Delivery Truck was offered to the public in October of 1911 as Ford’s first factory-built truck on a Model T chassis. The C-Cab was a partially enclosed delivery car designed with no doors, bur a permanent roof over the driver’s head that provided some protection from the elements. It featured a multi-purpose wooden body covered in metal that was specifically built for commercial use. Lighting is achieved by a brass acetylene generator mounted on the driver’s side that is plumbed to the E&J headlamps. The side lamps are E&J type. The matching tail lamp has been wired to signal brake operation and for after dark use.
Referred to as c-cab due to its shape, this car had twin rear doors for easy loading and other standard items including a speedometer, brass windscreen frame, tool kit, horn and a 2-piece dashboard. The 1912 Ford Model T C-Cab Delivery Truck was a prelude to Ford’s legacy in manufacturing commercial trucks and serves to remind us that Ford truly set the standard for commercial automotive use.
- 22 BHP, 176.7 cu.in.
- L-Head, 4-cylinder engine, 3 main bearings
- Holly carburetor, 2-speed planetary transmission
- Hand-brake on rear wheels, foot-brake stops driveshaft.
- Wheelbase 100”
- All white smooth tires 30 X 3 1/2